Saturday, August 16, 2008

where does spirit go when body is no more?

Jeaneen asked:
Where does our true self, the Christ within, go after
our bodies stop functioning ?

Nancy responded:

Hi Jeaneen,
It doesn't "go" anywhere. It just Is, as before. Our true Self
just Is, and the body is the illusion our mind has made.
So when the body stops functioning, that makes
no difference. The Self just continues on, as always.
I have actually seen this, though not with the body's eyes.
I saw this in my front garden, one evening when I was
pulling out diseased plants by the roots, and saying
loving thanks to them for the love they'd given me.
Suddenly I pulled out a plant, and its Life stayed right
where it had been; it didn't go anywhere. It was just
there, even though the "body" of the plant, the leaves
and the roots, were in my hand. And then before my
eyes, I saw Life everywhere, and the forms of things
were in the background. I understood that Life
was everything; the forms were inconsequential.
And that meant that there really, really Is No Death, nor
disease. Truly amazing. We can truly go our way rejoicing!
Love,
Nancy


No comments: