Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth of July Song

I was told to send this song to you all. I have been singing it for years. Our meditation group will be singing it together tonight around the fire pit outside in our 6 sided, screened in gazebo. It is a wondrous place to spend Minnesota summer evenings with out the company of bugs as we listen to the song of birds and feel the cool breeze on our faces. I wish you all a grand night of new freedom on this 4th of July. Joy, Equality and Liberty to us all!! May the I AM that I AM touch you each in a special way today!

Love, Light and Laughter,

J AN ISTARA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I LOVE MYSELF THE WAY I AM

Author unknown

Stanza #1 I love myself the way I AM.

There’s nothing I need to change.

I’ll always be the perfect me,

there’s nothing to rearrange.

I’m beautiful and capable

of being the best me I can

and I love myself, just the way I AM.

Stanza #2 I love you just the way you are.

There’s nothing you need to do.

When I feel the LOVE inside myself

It’s easy to love you.

Behind your fears, your rage and tears

I see your shinning star

And I Love You, just the way you are.

Stanza #3 I Love the world the way it is,

‘cause I can clearly see

that all the things I judge are done

by people just like me.

So until the birth of peace on earth

that only love can bring,

I’ll help it grow by loving everything.

Stanza #4 I love myself the way I AM

and still I want to grow,

but change outside can only come

when deep inside I know,

I’m beautiful and capable

of being the best me I can

and I love myself, just the way I AM.

I love myself, just the way I AM.

No comments: