Thursday, July 17, 2008

silence



quiet minds are not only relaxed,

they can concentrate easily and create more freely.

listen to the silence, be aware of the stillness.

now you can really listen. now you can really hear.

did you not know that silence and creativity are best friends


adapted from a post by Prudence



wenonalynch wrote:

I was once in Arches state park in Utah and my friend wanted me to hike 2 miles uphill to go to Angels Arch. I thought no big deal, but I had no idea what I was getting into. It took us half the day to get up there. It was late afternoon by the time we got there. There were many people, couples, families with dogs, and people who I imagined were locals who were alone. I was surprised that so many people would put themselves through such a terrible uphill battle just to see this arch. Although the Arch was magnificent. It set on the edge of the cliff.

When we first got there people were running around, mothers yelling at their children to be safe, fathers yelling at mothers, people posing for photos. I was engrossed in conversation with my friend then he looked at me and said shhh! Everyone around me was silent, the sun was setting, it was glorious. It looked like it was designed by Angels. Maybe that is why it is called Angels Arch. But everyone was quiet. And we were all together, just "being" and watching the sunset. It really was miraculous everyone was silent, even the babies, and the children. My friend and I were silent the whole way back down the hill, there was nothing to say.

No comments: