Friday, July 25, 2008

The Poetry of Life

As I sat down
to watch that almost uneventful sunrise
of the evening,
I saw the poetry of Life
open before me.
With closed eyes I
was given a vision
of what this life was meant to be.
I know now,
that I knew not then
what I was seeing,
as I sat on that distant
hill in my mind watching
the Universe reveal Itself to me.
I saw a dance of light,
a beautiful unfolding
to the ending of
darkness laid before me.
In a valley...
a city over from where I sat,
I saw the journey of our soul beginning.
With a cross of crucifixion in each hand
the men of time marched to
their own undoing.
Hypnotized by some sort
of enthralling cry that
echoed thru out their own individual eternity,
attracted by this
seeming unknown Source,
we sat together,
each of us throwing our
crosses into the dust
of the face of Christ.
And that was the story's beginning and ending,
for as the crucifixion was given away
in exchange for its' loving Maker...
All the shadows on the earth disappeared. ..
And where man had once worn
the tears of death,
laughter filled the
air...
And where time and space
had once concealed Light,
the eternally lit
candles of Heaven did appear...
And where heartache had once enchanted me,
I saw my soul melt into
the honey of true ecstacy...
Wenona (2000)

No comments: